FANUC Robotics America, Inc. has added its M-1iA robot to the Certified Education Robot Training (CERT) program line-up. Launched in 2008, the CERT program certifies instructors at educational institutions to train their students to program FANUC robots through on-line and hands-on training courses.
The CERT program’s educational mobile lab includes an industrial robot, integrated vision system, programmable logic controller, and ROBOGUIDE simulation software. Schools may now select either an LR Mate 200iC or M-1iA robot model. The CERT lab, housed in a compact and portable training cart, gives students the opportunity to learn to program an industrial robot first-hand.
“As more companies incorporate robotics into their operations, the demand for high paying careers related to designing, implementing and using industrial robots is increasing,” said Andy Denny, vice president, FANUC Robotics. “Our new M-1iA parallel-link robot is extremely popular, and future growth will require students to learn how to use and apply serial- and parallel-link robots on a common platform.”
Schools across the country continue to integrate robot training into their programs and initiatives with the FANUC Robotics CERT program, such as:
- Including robotic automation facilitated learning to Career Technical Education programs
- Integration of robotic automation to teach design and manufacturing concepts
- Creating courses and project-based activities to prepare students to work with robots
- Incorporating the CERT program with career cluster curriculum
- Applying industrial robot training to engineering technology curriculum
- Adding the CERT program to community workforce retraining initiatives
“CERT provides a flexible platform that can be easily integrated into the growing career technical education programs across the country,” added Denny. “It has proven to be very effective for educational institutions to train students to be qualified for successful careers in today’s high-tech manufacturing environment.”
For more information contact FANUC Robotics at CERT14@fanucrobotics.com, visit CERTM-1iA or call 1-800-iQ-ROBOT (Option 5).