Robotics On-site Training
FANUC America offers both Product classes and System classes at customer sites. This provides the following advantages:
- Savings in Travel
- Dedicated customized classes
When training is to be conducted at a customer facility, we strive to ensure that the environment provided is safe and conducive to learning. However, it is the customer's responsibility to ensure compliance with all statutes relating to workplace safety.
We know you also will want to ensure optimal results and safety, and we have detailed below some of the key aspects necessary for a successful program at your facility. If you have questions on these or any additional areas, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The quantity of robots and equipment needed for training will be established prior to training, (and can be specified separately in the body of the quotation). These units will be dedicated to training for the duration of the course and will be located away from the production area.
Execution of on-site training programs may involve development charges. Please review the training brochure on this web site or the specific course description to determine if these charges are applicable to your on-site selection.
NOTE: The customer assumes responsibility for any damage to robots caused by students during on-site training.
- FANUC America recommends a maximum ratio of four students to one robot.
- For systems training, FANUC America requires dedicated use of a full operating system for hands-on training.
- Suitable power supplies, that is, 440 VAC 3 phase and 110 VAC, and pneumatic equipment must be available for proper operation of the robot(s), end-effectors, and test equipment.
- Audio/visual equipment, in proper working order, must be located in the designated training location and available to the FANUC America instructor. This will include:
- Overhead projector and projection screen
- Video player and monitor, 1/2 inch VHS (as required)
- Chalkboard and cleaning materials
- The FANUC America instructor will be provided with access to a telephone and copy machine.
- A convenient, secure area will be made available for storage of FANUC robotics equipment, documentation, and supplies during the training period.
- A safe environment will be provided for the FANUC America instructor and students at all times.
- FANUC America Training Management reserves the right to monitor the classroom and equipment to ensure that on-site training standards are being implemented.
To inquire about our training classes, please call 888-FANUC-US or send e-mail to our training registrar.
We reserve the right to cancel or modify classes at any time.
The Training Department will support training on products developed and/or supported by FANUC America. This training includes training on programming, electrical, mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting. This training can be executed at any of our training locations, or upon request, at the customer's facilities.
Customized Product Training
FANUC America also offers customized Product training courses available for dedicated classes at our training facilities or for on-site training.
This customization includes:
- Detailed analysis of customer needs
- Customization of our Standard product classes
- Special training materials to address unique customer needs.
Custom product training packages are quoted on an as required basis. Job aids may also be quoted to further optimize training.
Customers with special training needs, requesting dedicated product classes, need to be scheduled at least 3 months prior to when the training courses are required. A needs analysis will be conducted to modify courses as required according to these customer specific needs.
Note: Additional development may be required to support peripheral equipment concerns.