This course covers the basic tasks and procedures required for an operator, technician, engineer or programmer to set up, teach, test, and modify iRVision applications.
Course Code: iRVision-2D
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, the student can identify the components of a vision system, install vision hardware, develop an application, program the robot, perform error recovery procedures and follow recommended safety practices. More specifically:
- View and/or change robot and computer parameters to facilitate access to the robot’s web page
- Setup a camera
- Perform an inspection vision process
- Understand basic vision concepts and lighting
- Master a robot using vision mastering
- Create tool frame for the robot applicator
- Create user frames necessary for use with the vision system
- Calibrate a camera
- Setup a 2D single-view vision process
- Program the robot to respond to vision results
Recommended safety procedures are integrated into all training exercises. In addition to presentations and demonstrations, this course offers a series of lab exercises for the student to complete. Lab exercises relate directly to the classroom presentations and are intended to reinforce what the student has learned through actual hands-on experience.
Audience: This course is intended for the person who must install, set up, program, and troubleshoot a FANUC America iRVision system.
Prerequisites: Completion of a live, FANUC instructor led Operation and Programming course (such as HandlingTool, ArcTool, SpotTool). Completion of an online eLearn Operation and Programming course will not meet this Operation and Programming prerequisite.
Development fees: Development charges will be added to any on-site training request.