ROBOT PM LUBRICATION
4 CONTACT HOURS
Course Code: RPML310
This interactive course provides the detailed instruction and procedures necessary for complete recommended PM Lubrication of a FANUC robot mechanical unit.
Course Objectives: Students successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Perform recommended PM Lubrication of all required areas
- Multi-interval maintenance
- Detailed execution of grease/oil replacement, including proper positioning, outlet and ventilation, grease input and residual pressure release for:
- RV Reducers
- Cyclo Reducers
- Harmonic Drive Reducers
- Custom Gearboxes
- Grease maintenance of Drive-train and Pivot Mechanisms
- Bearing Assemblies
- Linkage Pivot Assemblies
- Tapered Roller Bearings
- Cross Roller Ring Bearings
- Angular Contact Bearing Assemblies
Recommended safety procedures are integrated into all training exercises.
The course consists of lectures, demonstrations, and lab exercises designed to reinforce what the student has learned.
Audience: This course is recommended for mechanical maintenance technicians or other persons responsible for mechanical troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of the robot.
Prerequisites: Previous experience or training in a related field involving mechanical disassembly, repair, and assembly of robots or machine tools.
NOTE: Students are required to bring and wear steel toe shoes while attending Mechanical Disassembly/Reassembly classes at FANUC Robotics America or onsite.
Training materials: Each student receives a handout written for their specific class. No generic documentation is used.
Equipment: Students will be trained using a current Robot Mechanical Unit and Controller Model specified for your particular application.
Facility: Maximum hands-on-training time is assured for all students. FANUC Robotics maintains a complete training facility which includes:
- 10 classrooms at Rochester Hills, Michigan, plus classrooms in 7 regional locations
- Over 22,000 square feet of dedicated training lab space in Rochester Hills
- Over 50 robots permanently installed in our Rochester Hills training lab. This permits a low standard student to robot ratio of 2:1 with a maximum recommended ratio of 4:1. An extensive inventory of additional robots can also be brought in to meet specific customer needs.
- All training robots equipped with functioning end of arm tooling
- Process equipment including operating arc welders
- Class rooms located next to our robot laboratory for easy access to training robots
- A full service cafeteria so that no class time needs to be spent ordering lunches
Instructors and Engineering support: FANUC Robotics has 20 certified instructors with an average of over 16 years experience working with FANUC Equipment. Our Training Department is backed by FANUC Robotics full Engineering and Product Development staffs to ensure our training materials are accurate and up to date.